Senior Analyst, Economic Modelling
Senior Analyst, Economic Modelling
- Do you have economic modelling experience and are looking for your next career opportunity?
- Do you enjoy working collaboratively to find solutions to complex problems?
The NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) is the lead central agency in the NSW Government.
We support the Premier and the Special Minister of State, the Cabinet, Ministers and agencies by coordinating policies and services across government. We lead policy development, provide innovative ideas and support Government plans and projects.
Working with us will give you a broad overview in areas such as public policy formulation, public administration and state administrative matters and an opportunity to be involved in a range of state-wide policies, issues and projects.
We put the people of NSW at the heart of everything we do, to deliver better services, drive government priorities and foster a culture of respect.
For more information go to http://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/about/about_the_department.
The Senior Analyst, Economic Modellingrole is in the Economics Branch with employees located in both Sydney CBD and Orange. Applicants can choose to work in either location, Orange or Sydney.
Orange is a vibrant town known for its excellent local produce, impressive vineyards, fine dining restaurants and outdoor activities. Orange is arguably the hub of medical and health expertise outside Sydney and is home to excellent schools and tertiary education institutions. This role will allow you the opportunity to grow your career and work hard, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
About the Role
In your role as Senior Analyst, Economic Modelling, you will lead economic modelling analysis on a wide range of industry and economic issues to inform policy direction. This is a great opportunity to provide high level economic modelling and analytical advice for Departmental Executive and NSW Government clients, and lead the development, project management and evaluation of the modelling team research projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Keen eye for detail and ability to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively to deliver work within required timeframes.
- Develop strong professional relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to provide plain English analysis for modelling results to audiences with varying degrees of economic literacy.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field such as mathematics, statistics, economics, business, finance, commerce or other field undertaking significant statistical analysis, or equivalent experience.
- Sound experience in undertaking, and clear communication of, all aspects of economic modelling process – research, model development, implementation and evaluation of results.
- Demonstrated economic modelling experience (including, but not limited to Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) modelling) as well as previous experience undertaking research and analysis.
Salary:Clerk Grade 9/10. Package includes base salary ($110,745- $122,038) plus superannuation and leave loading.
Closing Date:Tuesday, 30 June 2020 [11:59 PM]
How to Apply: To learn more about the role and the application process through I work for NSW please click here to apply now.
Our Commitment to Flexibility: At DPC we endeavour to make roles flexible. We will consider requests to undertake the work on a flexible part-time or job share basis.
Our Commitment to Diversity: Diverse workforces are more innovative, productive and increase the delivery of high-quality services. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI+, people with disability, other diversity groups, and women.
Our workplace supports those experiencing domestic and family violence and works to achieve gender equality. We received accreditation for our practices and remain committed to these issues.